Thursday, October 1, 2009

And so, it begins...

This blog is about a variety of topics, but primarily (as the name implies) it is about our freedom in the United States, and about reaching continually toward that freedom as the source of our nation's greatness.

As a country, our success was not the result of geography, natural resources, or luck. Our success resulted directly from the fantastic political engine of freedom. Freedom to make choices. Freedom to innovite. Freedom to succeed. Freedom to fail.

Topics will not just include politics, because politics aren't the answer. I'm sure I'll get into plenty of other topics--economics, logic, philosophy, ethics... you name it.

And finally, since this is the first post, I wanted to make some positions of mine clear:
  • I promise that if I cite statistics, I'll give a source. I can't promise I'll never make a mistake, but I will own up to it when I do.

  • I promise that I won't use unsupported emotional appeals--name calling, for instance. I am very serious about making people think, not about tricking them into action.

  • I promise that I won't just tell you what I believe, I'll tell you what I think--and why.

  • If you wish to debate the thoughts I put up here, that's great, as long as everyone stays mature and respectful. I'm happy to debate my positions, as long as it stays civil.

Thats it for now. I look forward to this journey with you. Enjoy the ride.


-------------------------------------

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people under the pretence of taking care of them.
-- Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments. We reserve the right to remove inappropriate posts. That doesn't mean we'll remove it if we disagree with it--merely that we don't allow obscene or insulting behavior in our "home."